VAPE MAIL BAN UPDATE March 27 2021
Big D Vapor will continue to support our clients despite the cumbersome ATF enforcement and PACT Act compliance. However, these are some important things that all customers should know about the new laws:
1. Adult Signature confirmation is MANDATORY. If you are not going to be home then you should have your order shipped to your place of business.
2. Costs are going to increase, our free shipping is changing from $20 / order to $50 / order.
3. As of late October 2021, shipping via USPS is no longer legal to consumers
4. The following states can no longer be serviced due to regulatory compliance and changes in the law:
- New Hampshire
- New York
5. For all customers in North Texas, pickup is available at our corporate office during normal business hours.
6. Additional areas that have enacted flavor bans include:
- Anchorage, AK (All Products)
- Chicago, IL
- Massachusetts (Disposables)
- New York (All products containing liquid)
- New Jersey
- Philadelphia, PA
- Rhode Island
- San Francisco, CA - All Vaping Products Banned
7. Beginning April 5th, in cities where excise taxes are charged on vapor products, we will be required to collect said taxes and disseminate them back to the states where the products are sold.
8. Costs may increase on all vapor products as a result of the cost of PACT act compliance.
We will continue to service our customers in areas unaffected by the law changes and will strive to exceed your expectations.
We really need all of your help! Our business, thousands of other businesses, and approximately 4 million people in the U.S. are being affected by a shipping ban. As you may or may not know, USPS, UPS and FEDEX have decided that they will no longer ship vape products. If you want to ship alcohol, cigarettes, cigars, guns, ammo etc, there are options from them. But no vaping anymore. Vaping has been scientifically proven to be 95 - 98% safer than combustible cigarettes, but people who choose this alternative are being cut off. No matter how you feel about vaping, this is another Government overreach in their charge to take our freedom away from us. While we are implementing alternative shipping solutions to continue to serve our customers, this decision by these major shipping carriers creates challenges for the industry and the people that count on these product most.
At the end of the fiscal year 2020, USPS's total unfunded liabilities and debt were $188 billion—more than 250 percent of its annual revenue. These unfunded liabilities included about $75 billion in underfunding of retiree health care benefits, and about $61 billion in underfunding of pension benefits.
How do they turn down the millions of dollars, that we as an industry spend on shipping every year? They want to raise your taxes and the cost of postage to pay this debt, but won't take our money.
- UPS? Based on United Parcel Service's balance sheet as of November 2, 2020, long-term debt is at $23.34 billion and current debt is at $2.38 billion, amounting to $25.72 billion in total debt. Adjusted for $8.84 billion in cash equivalents, the company's net debt is at $16.88 billion
- FedEx's most recent financial statement as reported on March 18, 2021, total debt is at $23.44 billion, with $22.80 billion in long-term debt and $646.00 million in current debt. Adjusting for $8.86 billion in cash-equivalents, the company has a net debt of $14.59 billion.
- UPS and FEDEX are publicly traded companies. If I was an investor, I would be pissed!
- If shipping of products that you use, including guns and alcohol were prohibited, you would be mad enough to stand up to them. Please stand up for us! Stand up for small businesses that they are driving into the ground. Stand up for people in rural areas and those that are housebound. They should be allowed access to these products. Stand up for FREEDOM to choose!
Contact these three "Biggies" of the shipping industry and let them know that this is not acceptable.
Please contact them today. Make a comment, send an email or make a phone call. 450,000 people in the U.S. die every year from smoking related illnesses. People's lives depend on this!
Thank you for your business.
BIG D VAPOR